Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

If you donate a substantial amount of money to a State of

Customer Question

If you donate a substantial amount of money to a State of Ohio university to improve their athletic facilities is this money deductible on your State of Ohio Income Tax return?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

The Ohio University Foundation is an institutionally-related, nonprofit, tax exempt, 501(c)(3) organization, and is the repository for all private gifts to Ohio University. Contributions to The Ohio University Foundation are tax deductible to the full extent provided by law for federal filing. No place on the state return for listing the gift.

You can designate your gift to any area of the University. From academic departments and colleges, to varsity sports and student activities, the choice is yours.

Ohio does not offer the option of itemizing your deductions or taking the standard deduction, you do not have to be concerned with coinciding your state and federal return in this area.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.