Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

I just found out that my tax was filed under the wrong

Customer Question

I just found out that my tax was filed under the wrong social for the past 3 years. I went online and paid the amount that I owed for the past 3 years on http://www.irs.gov/Payments/Direct-Pay but there was no way for me to submit my tax forms/voucher?
What should i do!
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

Q: What should i do!

A: Contact the IRS at 1-***-***-**** and let them know what has happened. They should be able to correct the situation. You may have to complete some paperwork in order for them to correct the matter though. Be prepared to be on hold for a while though.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - my friend is telling me that if I just pay online without the right paperwork they will just return my payment?

I don't see a specific number to call for IRS Direct Pay. However, I would call them because who knows, the social that you entered could belong to someone else and your money gets credited to their account. I would not assume that they will automatically send the funds back to you.