Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I am a contractor tax exempt research company in the state

Customer Question

I am a contractor for a tax exempt research company in the state of New York. When I purchase parts and materials to be used for them, are said parts and materials subject to tax?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

The organization would need to apply for an exemption certificate and be granted same for the purchases to be exempt from sales tax.

To apply they would file Form ST-119.2, Application for an Exempt Organization Certificate .

If granted NY will issue Form ST-119, Exempt Organization Certificate, to them. It will contain a six-digit New York State sales tax exemption number.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.