Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

How can I get my ein number which I have already and cannot

Customer Question

How can I get my ein number which I have already and cannot locate?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

I'll apologize in advance for the fact that the first couple of bullet points seem rather obvious.

...

The last bullet point below, however, is really the only other way to get this done

...

See this from IRS

...

Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page

Lost or Misplaced Your EIN?

Español | 中文 |한국어 | TiếngViệt | Pусский

If you previously applied for and received an EIN for your business, but have since misplaced it, try any or all of the following actions to locate the number:

• Find the computer-generated notice that was issued by the IRS when you applied for your EIN. This notice is issued as a confirmation of your application for, and receipt of an EIN.
  • If you used your EIN to open a bank account, or apply for any type of state or local license, you should contact the bank or agency to secure your EIN.
  • Find a previously filed tax return for your existing entity (if you have filed a return) for which you have your lost or misplaced EIN. Your previously filed return should be notated with your EIN.
  • Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-#### ***** hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it. Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

Did you see my answer?

...

Again, if all of the more commonsensical methods don't work you can always call IRS at the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-####

...

An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone,

...

Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.

...

Lane

.