Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I am a singal mother of 3 boys ages are 10,7,6 I only worked

Customer Question

Hello I am a singal mother of 3 boys ages are 10,7,6 I only worked 2 months can I still file taxes if I only worked 2 months
Category: Tax
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry ot hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, of course you may still file a tax return even if you only worked 2 months.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello what if I don't work at all can I still get tax money for the 3 boys or do I have to work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello even if I don't work can I get money for the 3 boys still
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

I'm here. Please be patient I am responding to you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I cannot I don't have nomore money I just paid you all this money can you help me on here please thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I still claim my kids even if I don't work the whole year
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

If you do not work at all, you will not be eligible for earned income credit. To get money for the boys and you, you must at least work some, and be low income. http://www.irs.gov/Credits-&-Deductions/Individuals/Earned-Income-Tax-Credit/EITC,-Earned-Income-Tax-Credit,-Questions-and-Answers

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

You have not paid me anything yet. All you did was make a deposit. I am paid when you positively rate my service to you.

If you don't work you pay not taxes and a child exemption does you no good. So you must earn some money to make use of the child deduction tax law.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
o ok so I do have to work to get anything right if I work 1 month I still can claim my kids right because I should get a w-2 then right
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Right.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I clam only 2 when I do my w2 thing and then when I go to file my taxes can I claim all 4 of us then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will rate you but I need more answer please
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

can I clam only 2 when I do my w2 thing and then when I go to file my taxes can I claim all 4 of us then Yes, you can

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last one so if I work 1 month I can still file taxes and get money back right
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Right, that is still possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello you did not give me a good answer you said yes that could be possible so that don't tell me yes or no can you please answer that for me if I work only one month can I do taxes still
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I meant that if you would "possibly" earn the money by working this year, then you would qualify for the deductions for your children and the earned income credit for marginally employed, low income people.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I guess I am asking you so if I work 1 week or 2 weeks or 1 month no matter how long I work I will be able to clam my kids right on taxes
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

I am here.

I answered your last question.

You asked: ok I guess I am asking you so if I work 1 week or 2 weeks or 1 month no matter how long I work I will be able to clam my kids right on taxes

I answered yes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what if I did not claim my kids last year because I was not working then so I could not can I claim them this year for last year also
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

I have tried to be extremely patient the past 2 hours.

As you may not be aware, the Rules of JustAnswer specify that each customer ask one question in each question thread. These are new questions that you are asking. For new questions, the customer is asked to open a new question thread, or to accept an offer of additional services---which was offered. I do sincerely ***** ***** an inconvenience this might cause you.

You may ask for me personally by referring to me by name (Doug) in your new question and I will be able to assist you. As the questions that you are posting are new, I am required to ask you to please open up a new question thread for them. Thank you for your understanding.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
o ok I am done then and I will not ask no more then but I used this befor and I have ask a lot of things and they answer them for me with no problem. I don't like the answers I have got from you but I will not grade you because it would not be good so sorry but you did not help me at all thanks
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Different expert here.
Please allow me to assist.

I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

As you worked two months - please verify your gross wages and the amount of federal income tax withholding.

If you already received W2 form - these amounts are reported in box 1 and box 2.

If you do not have W2 - you may find these amount on your last pay stub.

I will estimate your possible refund and we may determine if that would be beneficial for you to file.