How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15051
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a copy of my 2011 tax return?

Customer Question

How do I get a copy of my 2011 tax return?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


You can request a copy from the IRS. They do charge for this copy. If you need a copy of your return, you must use Form 4506, Request for Copy of Return.

Most taxpayers will ask for a copy of their prior year tax return. In many cases, however, a transcript will provide the information they need more quickly. Transcripts provide taxpayers with a computer-created record of their tax return that includes most of the line-items as filed with the IRS, including any accompanying forms and schedules. The transcript doesn't reflect any changes the taxpayer, his/her representative or the IRS made after the return was filed.

The online Get Transcript service is currently unavailable. You may still order transcripts using the Get Transcript by Mail service.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.