Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

IS THERE A POSSIBILITY OF GETTING A HARDSHIP LICENCE TO DO

Customer Question

IS THERE A POSSIBILITY OF GETTING A HARDSHIP LICENCE TO DO BUSINESS IN MY HOME THAT IS NOT ZONED COMMERCIAL
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can operate the salon out of your home as long as you have submitted an application and applicable fees and you have received a license to operate.
The salon must also:

Be separated from the living quarters by a permanent wall;

Have a separate entrance to the salon other than through the living quarters;

Have toilet and lavatory facilities that are separate from those used by the household;

Meet all other minimum salon requirements.

http://myfloridalicense.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/916/~/can-i-operate-a-licensed-cosmetology-salon-out-of-my-home%3F

If you meet the above requirements to obtain the license, the next step will be to call the city/town where you live in Florida to determine if they will allow you to perform hairdressing services out of your home. If you tell me the city/town where you live, I will be happy to call them for you.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb