Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

Am I still on my irs payment plan? Payments were taken out

Customer Question

am I still on my irs payment plan? Payments were taken out every month o0n the 28th. My payment for August 2015 was first refused by my bank Chase. It was resubmitted on Aug 31st and accepted. What so I do now? I have received a letter asking for full payment of $1715.83. I don't have this amount to pay. It's due Sept. 14th 2015. Am I still on the payment plan? Please help me to resolve this problem.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

You will need to check with the IRS to see if you are still on the payment plan. 1-***-***-****. As the payment was resubmitted and accepted, it appears that you are still on a payment plan, but I don't know that for certain. SEE BELOW:

There may be a reinstatement fee if your agreement goes into default. Penalties and interest continue to accrue until your balance is paid in full. If you are in danger of defaulting on your payment agreement for any reason, contact us immediately. We will generally not take enforced collection actions:

• When an installment agreement is being considered;
  • While an agreement is in effect;
  • For 30 days after a request is rejected, or
  • During the period the IRS evaluates an appeal of a rejected or terminated agreement.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Payment-Plans-Installment-Agreements

My suggestion is to call the IRS, check to see if you are still on the payment plan. If not, explain to them that the debit was resubmitted and accepted the 2nd time. If you are not still on the payment plan, they will likely put you back on the plan if you have not had any issues with the payments prior to August.

I am getting notifications that you are requesting a response, however, I do not see any additional postings from you. If you have sent additional postings, I have not rec'd the information. Please resend. Thank you.