Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Tax Accountant at Praxair, Inc.
51959094

Where do I mail a just-completed IRS Reg. Sec. 1.351-3

Customer Question

Where do I mail a just-completed IRS Reg. Sec. 1.351-3 transferor document?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** my goal here is to provide you with the most complete and accurate answer possible.

The statement required by Treasury Regulation 1.351-3 (found here https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.351-3) states that the transferor attach the statement to its tax return for the year in which the transfer occurs. I just need some more information to answer completely. Are you filing the statement for the corporation (the transferee) or the shareholder (the transferor). Is the shareholder in this case an individual, LLC, trust, or any other type of entity. Did you file your return electronically.

Please let me know the answers to the above questions so I can clarify my answer or answer any additional questions, and I would greatly appreciate positive feedback. Thanks, Jonathan