Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

How can I recover the tax id non profit organization. It's

Customer Question

How can I recover the tax id for a non profit organization. It's for a checking acct
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-#### ***** hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it. Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.

If the non-profit previously filed a tax return, the EIN will appear on the return.

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Lost-or-Misplaced-Your-EIN

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer because that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.

Best regards,

Barb