Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I need my cot number to wire money to USA

Customer Question

I need my cot number for uk to wire money to USA
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

A COT number is ***** a regular number needed when transferring from one personal account to another personal account.

SWIFT stands for Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication and IBAN is short for International Bank Account Number.

The BIC (Bank Identifier Code) is a common substitute for a SWIFT code and both codes are usually eight to eleven characters long, containing both letters and numbers. The eight character SWIFT code identifies the bank, while the code containing eleven characters identifies a specific branch of the particular bank.

The U.S. banks do not provide IBAN account numbers but accept and recognise payments made from such accounts.

Every bank teller will ideally ask you to provide the SWIFT or the IBAN code of a recipient so be prepared and ask for it in advance.

You need to contact Citizens National and get the SWIFT NUMBER to give to Midwest.

The US banks would not need a COT.