emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

Georgia statue of limitation - 2011 taxes stqte says I owe.

Customer Question

Georgia statue of limitation - 2011 taxes stqte says I owe. and where they got the figures I have no idea. there not what I filed.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

First thing is to call the GA department of taxation to find out they actually received/accepted the return. If the return was rejected for some reason, it was considered unfiled and there's no statue of limitation for unfiled returns.

GA statute of limitation for review/audit/assessment is 3 years from the due of the return (which would expire by now), but if you amended your return to claim a refund 6 month before the expiration, the statute of limitation is extended for another 6 month.

And finally, if you had more than 25% of unreported income, statute of limitation is extended to 6 years

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Also, if you amended/changed your IRS return, this also could be a reason for the notice.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi again. Just a quick follow up to make sure that all your questions have been answered. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if you found my answers helpful, a Positive Rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.