Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Ai seem to be unable to return to W7, 10 is not my friend

Customer Question

ai seem to be unable to return to W7, 10 is not my friend need help
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

The old version is stored in a folder called Windows.old. Which means that you can restore the version via Windows 10 itself. To do this first open the Windows Start menu by clicking on the icon in the bottom left of the screen. Then select Settings from the menu.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

After doing that you'll see a list of options on the left side. One of them is" Recovery."

...

Click this and you'll get more choices. Choose ‘Go back to Windows x’ where x will be 7 or 8.1 depending on what your computer was running.

...

Then click 'Get started' to begin. And if you’re o na laptop you’ll need to connect to a power source or the option won’t work.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Then, you get a screen that asks you why you’re downgrading.(THis is just feedback for Microsoft). Click Next when you’re done.

...

But before the process starts it gives a couple more opportunities to cancel, along with a notice that you'll have to reinstall some apps and programs.

...

It also reminds you that if you had a password ***** your previous version of Windows then you’ll require it once the process is finished. If you’re ready to do it, just click Next, (then sit back and read a book - this'll take some time)

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Finally, Windows should, at this point, roll back the system to how it was before Windows 10 was installed.

...

I've HEARD that even when the Windows.old folder is still there, Windows 10 will still throw up an error saying that files needed have been removed. I think Windows is putting out a fix for that.

...

Hope that helps - Worked fine for me on my samsung running windows 8 Pro

...

Lane

...

That's the ONLY way I'll receive a portion of what you paid JustAnswer, for my time and expertise here.

If this HAS helped, (and you DON’T have further questions on this), … your positive rating … (by clicking or touching the stars or smileys on your screen) … would be appreciated!That’s how we’re credited for the work here.

.