How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask USTaxAdvising Your Own Question
USTaxAdvising, CPA
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1237
Experience:  US Taxation specialist.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
USTaxAdvising is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking filling out a W8-BEN and not sure what to

Customer Question

I'm looking for assistance filling out a W8-BEN and not sure what to include. I'm incorporated in the US but live in Canada and there are a couple of fields I'm unsure of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  USTaxAdvising replied 1 year ago.


I can help you with your W-8BENE questions. What fields are you unsure on?

Please also confirm this is for your individual self providing the W-8BENE to your US corporation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is for my corporation and I'll send along the questions tomorrow morning for you.
Thanks, Richard
Expert:  USTaxAdvising replied 1 year ago.

Ok sounds good. Have a good night.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I send you the file so you can highlight which section/s I need to fill out being a resident citizen of Canada running a US corporation? This may be easier.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chapter 4 Status (FATCA status) (Must check one certification below for the entity's applicable status). This is the question that I have no idea what to fill out with this.
Expert:  USTaxAdvising replied 1 year ago.

Sorry it took me all day to get back to you. Yes if you want to upload the file that would be great.

Expert:  USTaxAdvising replied 1 year ago.

Just to confirm this is for your individual/personal interest in the US corporation correct? If that is correct you should not be completing Form W-8BENE. You should be completing Form W-8BEN

Form W-8BENE is for Entities, not individuals.

Let me know what if this helps or not and what other questions you may have.