emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I paid my irs balance of $3,823.56 at your ave Bethpage NY

Customer Question

I paid my irs balance of $3,823.56 at your stewart ave Bethpage NY office on 08/03/2015.Capitol One claims my check#2065 for $3823.56 was cashed on 08/05/2015. I received an IRS letter on 08/22/2015 stating I now owe $3823.56 plus late fees. What happened to my check#2065 ??
The best way to reach me is by phone(###) ###-#### ***** you, THOMAS R LEONARD
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thomas. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

I understand your frustration and IRS is extremely slow at posting/cashing checks. The letter was most likely generated around or just before your check was posted. As long as you have cancelled check cashed by IRS with stamped date, you can ignore the letter for now. Hopefully IRS will catch up soon and if you paid on time, there will be no late fees.

The main IRS phone number is ***** easy to get trough, wait time is usually between 30 - 45 minutes, sometimes even longer, depending on the your location. You can try to call the Bethpage, NY office @(###) ###-#### ***** wait time could be shorter.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.