Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Got a letter about tax period 2014. The balance was paid and

Customer Question

Got a letter about tax period 2014. The balance was paid and debited to my checking account on July 24, number being 015205********** It was debited on my State Employees Credit Union checking account, in Elkin, North Carolina, 28621. They did my taxes. PlEASE SEND ME VARIFICATION THAT YOU CREDITED MY ACCOUNT. It has cleared my bank account. Johnny **********
8457
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Your question has been posted on Just Answer not to the IRS or any other tax agency. If your account at the credit union shows a debit was made on your account on July 24 but you have now received a letter about the amount it is possible the letter was generated before the debit was posted.

Letters are mostly computer generated to go out in specific batches.

I personally cannot check your account but I can advise what steps you can take.

Letters will usually have a phone number listed for contact. You can call that number and speak to an agent or you can request an Account Transcript. You can use the Get Transcript tool to request a Tax Account Transcript if you need to verify that payments you already made were applied to your tax account.

Here is a link to the request page

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

You can also go to the nearest IRS office and request they check your account.

It may be that the Winston Salem office is the closest to you

1677 Westbrook Plaza
Suite 160
Winston-Salem, NC 27103

You can call that office specific

(###) ###-####