Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I applied loan I first pay application fee, bank tax fee,

Customer Question

Hello, I applied for a loan I first pay application fee, bank tax fee, and then I have to pay state fee. this week they send me a IRS tax fee for 1370.50 saying that I owed the IRS this amount before they can release my loan to me. I receive the letter from ***** ***** chief, Commissioner of customer accounts services. What can I do about this please.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

There is NO IRS upfront tax collection on the loan...
That looks incorrect....
Can you provide the bank or financial organization which promised you a loan?
Do they have federal tax ID? State tax ID?
I will try to verify.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

IRS Impersonation Scam Reporting - If you believe you have been a victim of an IRS Impersonation Scam, please fill out the form below.https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/contact_report_scam.shtml

According to the IRS - an aggressive and sophisticated phone scam targeting taxpayers, including recent immigrants, has been making the rounds throughout the country. Callers claim to be employees of the IRS, but are not. These con artists can sound convincing when they call. They use fake names and bogus IRS identification badge numbers. They may know a lot about their targets, and they usually alter the caller ID to make it look like the IRS is calling. Victims are told they owe money to the IRS and it must be paid promptly through a pre-loaded debit card or wire transfer. If the victim refuses to cooperate, they are then threatened with arrest, deportation or suspension of a business or driver's license. In many cases, the caller becomes hostile and insulting.

Or, victims may be told they have a refund due to try to trick them into sharing private information.