PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
64119565

How does a person get s with holding back that s company

Customer Question

how does a person get his with holding back that his company paid to the wrong state
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax.

What resident state are you in, and what state was the withholding paid to? And, where will you have to file?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
resident of va the with holding was paid to GA my previous state I moved from nov of 2013 and the company didnt change it to va.
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
The fastest way to get the money is to file a tax return in Georgia to get ask the money back. They are expecting a tax return, and filing a return allows them to close out their files and process a refund.
Fixing things through asking for the money, blaming your employer, all will take longer than just efiling and having your refund direct deposited.
When you file your 2014 VA706, include a request for penalty and interest abatement due to the withholding issue you just discovered. Since this is your first time filing in VA, the state should not hold this mistake against you.
Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.