emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I am being offered a 13 week contract in Arizona. The

Customer Question

I am being offered a 13 week contract in Arizona. The company pays 58 dollars per hour straight , using a 1099. How much should I plan to net per month?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

As 1099 contractor you employer will not take out any taxes, which means you get number of hours x 58.

When you file your taxes, you will be able to deduct expenses and will pay 15.3% of self employment tax (social security and medicare tax) as well as regular income tax on the net income.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Expenses you will be able to deduct will depend on the job location. If you will have to temporary relocate to Arizona, you could deduct some living expenses as well as trips from your main home to your job.

Here's a summary of expenses you might be able to deduct: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc511.html

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.