Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I filed my federal taxes on or after March 23, 2015. My

Customer Question

I filed my federal taxes on or after March 23, 2015. My refund amount was 1,083.00. I filed eletronic and I got the 83.00, but did not receive the 1000.00.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

Wisconsin is one of the worst (best) at tieing in their system to other systems (like, say, you had money owed from another year, traffic tickets, a federal return, etc.)

...

This is all part of the new information sharing system thats been the a year or two now

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Here's are what I'm seeing on the Turbotax forum from Wisconsin Users (sometime you can get a feel for what's been goin on for a particular state by going there)

...

"I just checked my WI state tax and my DDD is 1/29/15. It shows me that a portion of it will be garnished for traffic tickets and the rest will be deposited on that date. I don't, however, see this for the Federal yet."

...

"When it says that you should have received a letter as this just happened to me. I claimed the epic credit now I have to send a ton of paperwork providing or off that my kids are my kids. So so dumb. I'm in green bay. This has never happened before"

...

So again, not only do they tie into other systems, they tend to do everything they can to make you work to get certain credits (like only refund a part until they have ALL of the forms)

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Does this help?

...

Lane

...