Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

I had a call stating My taxes were filing incorrectlut

Customer Question

I had a call stating My taxes were filing incorrectlut numbers did not add up and I had HR do my taxesevery year now I need to pay starting back from 1993 I need to know if this is a legal call I had since it is serious and I gave HR everything each yr
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please ignore as I was told not to discuss must do so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was afraid as I am in my seventies and not sure so disregard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
This is a total scam...don't pay them a dime. The IRS is fully aware of this (http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Reiterates-Warning-of-Pervasive-Telephone-Scam) and has the following instructions for you:
"If you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS, here’s what you should do:
If you know you don’t owe taxes or have no reason to think that you owe any taxes (for example, you’ve never received a bill or the caller made some bogus threats as described above), then call and report the incident to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration at 1.***-***-****.
You can file a complaint using the FTC Complaint Assistant; choose “Other” and then “Imposter Scams.” If the complaint involves someone impersonating the IRS, include the words “IRS Telephone Scam” in the notes."
Here's a link to an article you might find helpful on this topic: http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/pf/taxes/irs-tax-scams/index.html?iid=HP_LN
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!