Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

If I pay $400.00 today will my installment plan be

Customer Question

if I pay $400.00 today will my installment plan be re-instated? I have been undergoing an extreme hardship in that my wife, ERLINDA XXXXXX, and I have been ill and undergoing high medical expenses. I have attempted to go back to work, but have been laid off. please allow us to continue on the installment plan!
XXXXXXX
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

First please let me advise that no expert here is representing the IRS. We cannot reinstate your Installment Agreement.

We can assist by explaining tax situations and how to proceed when there is a problem.

You asked about your Installment Agreement. Did you receive a notice form the IRS with the letters CP523 in the upper corner?

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If you did receive a notice then the number to contact is listed on the notice but one way to reinstate is to pay before your termination date to prevent your installment agreement from being terminated. Go to the payments page to make your payment or find out more about your payment options.

You should contact the IRS as soon as possible but no later than 30 days from the date of the notice.

Even if you make the payment call to make sure they have a record of your action so that an agent can reinstate your installment agreement.

Respond below please and let me know.