Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

IN REGARD TO CHECK THE INFORMATION GIVEN TO ME WHICH IS SAID

Customer Question

I AM WRITING IN REGARD TO CHECK THE INFORMATION GIVEN TO ME FOR TAX WHICH IS SAID TO BE DUE ON MONEY WIRED FROM THE LOS ANGELES CREDIT UNION IN CALIFORNIA TO MY CREDIT UNION IN TUCSON, ARIZONA. WHEN THEY WENT TO ***** MONEY THERE WAS A STOP PAYMENT ON IT FOR TAX DUE. THE TOLD ME I WAS TO PAY $1,200 IN ORDER FOR THE M ONEYT TO BE RELEASED TO MY ACCOUNT.
CAN YOU PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT TO MAKE SURE IT IS LEGITIMATE? THEY TOLD ME TO ***** $1,200 TO ACADEMY BANK, 3022 SOUTH BELT HIGHWATY, ST. JOSEPH, MISSOURI. ACCOUNT NUMBER: (###) ###-#### ROUTING NUMBER IS ###-##-####
ACCOUNT BENEFICIARY ADDRESS: 317 PARK CENTRAL EAST, PO BOX 50805, SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI.
PLEASE CONTACT ME RIGHT AWAY AND LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS LEGIMATE AND I SHOULD SEND THE $1,200 TO ***** RELEASED. MY EMAIL IS ***@******.***.
THE PERSON I TALKED TO ***** EMAILS WAS A MR. JOHN xxx I BELIEVE AND SAID HE WAS WITH THE IRS. I NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU DIRECTORY AND PLEASE WRITE IN LARGTE, BLACK AND BOLD LETTERS AS MY EYE SIGHT IS POOR.
THANK YOU,
MRS. BEVERLY xxx
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

HI

...

DO NOT SEND THIS MONEY

...

THIS IS A SCAM

...

A VERY COMMON SCAM .. TO MAKE YOU PAY A TAX TO TRANSFER MONEY ... (THERE IS NO TAX DUE ON THIS KIND OF TRANSFER)

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

IRS DOES NOT COMMUNICATE VIA EMAILS

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

ILL BET THIS MONEY BEING RELEASED TO YOUR ACCOUNT IS SOME SORT OF WINNINGS, PRIZE OR LOTTERY (SUPPOSEDLY)?

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

HELLO - JUST CHEKING BACK I N SO SEE IF YOU SAW MY ANSWER

...

DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR INFORMATION TO THESE PEOPLE

...

THIS IS A KNOWN SCAM

...

IRS DOES NOT USE EMAIL AND JUST MOVING THIS MONEY IS NOT TAXABLE

...

I REPEAT...THIS IS A SCAM

...

LANE

...

f this HAS helped, and you don't have questions, I'd appreciate a positive rating (by clicking the stars or smiley faces on your screen) ... that's how we're credited for the work here)

.