Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

My parents had a living trust. Both have passed and the

Customer Question

My parents had a living trust. Both have passed and the trust has been distributed . Do I have to pay inherientence tax as one of the beneficeries
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
No, there will be no inheritance tax. There is no inheritance tax on either the Federal level or on the California state level. Further, the basis of any assets distributed to you would have been adjusted to their fair market value as of the date of death, so if you sell any of the assets for that fair market value, you will also have no tax on the sale of the assets.
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!