Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

My company is based in India. I have a registered a LLC in

Customer Question

My company is based in India. I have a registered a LLC in Delaware. I will be sending material from India and then Stocking in New Jersey. What will be the Tax if I sell goods from my New Jersey warehouse to other States in US like Texas, California, New York etc?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
I am assuming you are referring to sales tax. If I am incorrect, please let me know.
Because NJ is a destination-based state regarding sales tax, you should be charging everyone in your state the rate where the item is being delivered. That could include a combination of state, county, city, and district tax rates.
Generally, if you do not have a physical presence (nexus) in other states such as CA, TX and NY, you would not collect sales tax.
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,
Barb