Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I want to borrow $700,000 cash from my parents who is not a

Customer Question

Hi..I want to borrow $700,000 cash from my parents who is not a green card holder or U.S. citizen, I will be using this money to pay for my house that I am building, will this trigger an Audit from IRS
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question --- this will not trigger an audit at all, and there is not any reporting requirement provided you are going to pay the money back. If the loan is ever forgiven then you have a gift from them and you must fill out form 3520 -- nothing to worry about though because no tax is due as it is a gift. You just have to declare gifts from foreign persons over $100,000. If this is a loan, have a written loan agreement on file that way you can prove it's not a gift (if you don't file form 3520)

Please let me know if you need anything additional - if not please rate positive .

Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Please rate positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Please rate so that I may be paid, thanks --- even though the site has been paid, I am not credited until you rate.