Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I am in the middle (two years in) of an installment

Customer Question

Hi, I am in the middle (two years in) of an installment agreement. No probs up to now. However, at the last payment date, no debit was taken from my bank account. That was almost two weeks ago. No NSF, plenty of funds. No notice from IRS. What could cause this?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
You may want to call your bank and see if there is information regarding the transaction or if it was refused for some reason. If your bank does not have any information, then call the IRS.
You can call the main number (###) ###-####between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
After choosing your language, then choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 4 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions." It should then transfer you to an agent.
OR
You can continue to call the IRS phone number on your installment agreement.
In either case, be prepared to be on hold for a very long time.
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb