Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

I have gotten myself in trouble with state of Ohio. The tax

Customer Question

i have gotten myself in trouble with state of Ohio. The tax years goes back to 2003. I have communicated that the tax assessment didn't make sense I fax tax return to the attorney general office twice but the tax debt never changed . I m in communication with an attorney who represents the state and have told them that I do not agree with the debt. She says my debt is high because of u filed taxes . She said to send her the returns. Now my question is this when I resend these returns again are they going to accept them? Or do they have the option to accept the information?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm Anne. Merlo is unavailable. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I will be happy to help you today.

As long as you have a person that is willing to look at your returns to see if your tax is correct, you really have nothing to lose by sending in the tax return. I doubt that the attorney would ask for anything she doesn't think has at least SOME chance of being incorrect AND that she can do something about it.

If you have any further questions, please post them here& I’ll be notified.

If this answers your question, please take the moment torate positive (smiley faces, or stars) so that I may be given credit for helping you today.

Positive ratings are the only way we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing “Justanswer”

Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I see that you read my answer, but didn't rate it.
My goal is to give you only the best service, so if you still have questions, please let me know, so that I may answer them.
If this answers your question, please take the moment to rate positive (smiley faces, or stars) so that I may be given credit for helping you today.
Thank you for choosing “Justanswer”