How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employer did not provide me with a W2.  So I am

Customer Question

My employer did not provide me with a W2 for 2014.  So I am having to file taxes with a 4852 form attached.

In 2013, I did not have a business and 100% of my wages were from this company.  In 2014, I did have a business and earned an estimated $163,800 (Same as 2013) + $14,302.24 with my business.

But I do not think I entered the information in correctly, as the final taxes show me as owing $11,910.87 taxes on $14,302.24 earned.

Can you please look at the two attached and see where I went wrong and how much of a total check do I send into the IRS for my $14,302.24 (on top of the $163,800 in wages earned.. $178,102.24 total)


2013 Filed Taxes: $163,800 in Wages

2014 Taxes I am Filing: $163,800 in Wages (4852 form) + $14,302.24 from business (Schedule C form) = $178,102.24 total.  I can't owe $11,910 on $14,302.24 earned?  Where did I go wrong?

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

This requires a bit more work than you might think. I can assist, but need to ask for a price bump through our offer of additional service. It's the two tax years, and your math might be manually done. Both need to be redone to confirm.

Accept, and I will work on this right away.