Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I ask loan by Quicken Loan. Today I was

Customer Question

Hello, I ask for new loan by Quicken Loan. Today I was informed that the IRS informed them my 2013 Tax Return which showed a loss of $20.480, I never had a loss. Something is wrong. My number is###-##-#### ***** of birth 11/16/1939, maybe th used a wrong
number. Please can you help ? Werner Keidel
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi Werner,.IRS doesn't reall "inform them" of anything ... When you filled out the loan application packet ... a part of that was a form 4506-T (where you provide the Mortgage underwriter permission to pull your IRS transcript).Probably the quickest way to get to the bottom of this is to ask the mortgage company to email or fax over the transcript and then you can compare that to your actual tax return..
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
This way you can check the social security number on the form AND the other information yourself, rther than getting into a "he said - she said" with the mortgage company..You can ask for a transcript for YOURSELF here:.http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript.Let me know if you have questions ....Lane.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi,.Did my answer help?.Lane.