Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

If my partnership withholds state taxes after I file

Customer Question

if my partnership withholds state taxes for 2014 after I file for 2014, can I apply these with holdings to 2015
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Yes - but for that you will need to amend YOUR tax return - add these withholding made on your behalf - and apply that amount to following tax year.That would be correct procedure. Let me know if you need help with reporting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
You will use form 1040Xhttp://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040x.pdfyou will add that amount on line 12 Federal income tax withheldand will request that amount to be applied to following year on line 23.In part III - you will need to add Explanation of changes - "additional withholding to be applied to following year estimated taxes.Let me know if that answered your question.