Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I filed my 2014 1040 Federal Income Tax Return on March 13,

Customer Question

I filed my 2014 1040 Federal Income Tax Return on March 13, 2014 and paid the tax due in the amount of $761.00. Since then, I have received two notices that I have not paid the tax. Notice CP14, June 08, 2015 and Notice CP14,July 13, 2015
I have sent copies of my Fulton Bank Statement to the IRS which shows that my Check No. 1857, in the amount of $761.00 was deposited by the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, and returned to my bank. "2014 Form 1040-V" was submitted with my check.
Please advize me as to what I might do to resolve this issue
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
I am assuming the number you called (1-***-***-****) was the number listed on either or both CP14 notices that you received. If not, you should call the number on the CP14 notice and have your paperwork available to refer to when you call.
If you have called the number on the CP14 notice but have not been able to get through because of high call volume, my best advice would be to contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service. They are able to get issues resolved on your behalf with the IRS.
The main number is *****
There are two numbers for Pennsylvania--1-***-***-**** (Philadelphia area) and 1-***-***-**** (Pittsburgh).
http://www.irs.gov/Advocate
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you.
If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb