emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I've misplaced my tax ID number and am wondering

Customer Question

I've misplaced my tax ID number and am wondering if you could possible retrieve it for me?
Myname is***** dba Mary XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...phone number is ***** XXX XXXX.
Needless to say I feel rather foolish as I just recemtly acquired it...any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Mary XXXXXX
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Mary.
I am assuming you are talking about EIN number. Also, please do not post private information here since this is a public forum and everybody can see it.
To get your EIN number you will have to call IRS business hotline at(###) ###-####
You can also request 147C letter from IRS, it is a replacement of your IRS CP575 (IRS original letter granting you your EIN number). It will have all the information your original CP575 had.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the prompt response I appreciate it..so glas
d to know there's someone there.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
This website connect customers with experts who are qualified to answer customer's questions. We work from home or other offices so it depends how many experts are currently online, sometimes you can get your answer immediately and sometimes you might need to wait until the qualified expert get your question and can respond.
Anyway, you need to call IRS during business hours, Mondays are usually very busy and you will be on hold for longer. Give them a call and they will be able to tell you your EIN after verifying your identity.
If you found my answers helpful, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.