Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I would like to get information on working as a non-us resident/citizen US company F

Customer Question

I would like to get information on working as a non-us resident/citizen for a US company FROM europe
Company: US
Employee: Dutch Citizen, residing in Belgium
Situation: Dutch citizen, residing in Belgium working full-time as account manager for the US company.
How do taxes work?
How do I get paid out?
Would it be classified as an employee/employer relationship, and what implications does that have?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
As a non-U.S. citizen/resident for tax purposes and if your only income from the U.S. company is from compensation for services performed for that company, and you performed no services for the company while physically present in the U.S., you will not be subject to US taxes on that income.
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,
Barb