Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I live in MD and looking to 1) open up a business account using

Customer Question

I live in MD and looking to 1) open up a business account using only my EIN ( not my SSN) 2) start building my business credit. What is the easiest way to get the ball rolling? Any suggested banks that good for small business?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
The procedure to open a business account is to visit the bank branch and open the account. This is a relatively simple procedure, but it must be done in person. You will need the letter from the IRS advising you of your EIN.
There are many banks in Maryland. You will have to do some research to find out which banks offer the best package for your needs. As an alternative, you may also want to investigate credit unions.
The following link contains the banks in Maryland:
http://www.us-banks.net/us/maryland/
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,
Barb