Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

My husband, CARROLL C O'GARA

Customer Question

My husband, CARROLL C O'GARA xxxxxxxxxx and I,Bertha L. O'Gara, received a notice dated May 03, 2012 advising us that we were owed a refund of $1,116.00 for our
2009 estimated Tax total,
My husband passed away Jan.01,2014.
I am going through his papers.
Did we receive this refund? If we did not what is the process for requesting this refund at this time?
Thank you for your service.
yours truly, *****
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. Thank you for choosing us to assist you. My name is ***** ***** my goal is to help make your life, a little... less taxing.
If you did not receive this refund, the statute of limitations, which is 3 years, has expired, which means that you have forfeited the refund. If you still want to call the IRS in order to find out if the refund was ever issued, you, or an authorized representative needs to call the IRS at 1-***-***-****. Be prepared to be on hold for a long time. again, even if it wasn't issued, the time has expired on the issuance.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.