Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I lost a irs document via mail that needs to be done

Customer Question

hi.... i lost a irs document via mail that needs to be done in 10 days. xxxxxx is my social. can you help me?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Can you tell me what the document is? (IRS form number, etc.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no but I did not file a 3014 return and the irs sent me a [ackege to get more info about me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my social is###-##-####
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they actually do this from an automated system ... when you don't file a return.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
So there's no way to get very same form ... but if you objective is to get the information TO them, there's another way to get that to them
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
This is IRS form 8822 which will accomplish the same thing... getting them a NEW address .. OR ... confirming that the address they have is correct..http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf.Lane