Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Robin, I am a US citizen who resides within the UAE

Customer Question

Hello Robin,
I am a US citizen who resides within the UAE and owns a controlling percentage of a UAE corporation.
We will be regularly invoicing a US company for software development services that are solely performed within the UAE.
Do you know if our services are liable to be taxed at 30% and withheld by the US company?
In specific, do you know what FACTA status our company would be categorized as (Chapter 4 Status within the W-8BEN-E)?
Thank you,
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,The US company would not withhold as long as the services are performed in the UAE. The W8 BEN E would be used and Active NFFE appears to be your status for Part 1 Line 5. You would check CORPORATION under Line 4. Lines 6,7,and 8 should be for the corporation only not you personally or any of your information.Complete Part XXV and sign.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
I sincerely ***** ***** was useful.