How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 577
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a letter March 27 stating that I had overpaid form

Customer Question

I received a letter March 27 stating that I had overpaid form 1040 2012 by $1481.00.I have yet to receive a check that they said would arrive 6 to 8 weeks. I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thank you--Dorothy Smoot
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dorothy and welcome to our site!This tax season the IRS issues refund checks with larger delays...That is partially because many fraudulent tax returns and refund claims..Unfortunately that issue may not be resolved over the phone...While you will wait most likely more than a hour to speck with a live person - that person would not be able to provide much information besides what you already know.I woudl suggest to visit your local IRS office. Yes - that will be time consuming - but the alternative woudl be to have a local CPA representing you with the IRS and that might be costly..If you have tried to get your refund with the IRS, and not having the money is causing you a financial hardship, the Taxpayer Advocate Service may be able to help.Here are some locationsChicago230 S. Dearborn St. Room 2860, Stop-1005 CHI Chicago, IL 60604Phone:(###) ###-####Fax:(###) ###-####pringfield3101 Constitution Dr. Stop 1005 SPD Springfield, IL 62704Phone:(###) ###-####Fax: (855) 836-283

Related Tax Questions