Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

When doing a Form 706 does the return have to list the federal

Customer Question

When doing a Form 706 does the return have to list the federal identification numbers of all charities that qualify for a deduction, even if they are not beneficiaries, just charities that the will specifies?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
Schedule O of Form 706 does not require the federal identification number of the charity. The required information is name and address of institution/charity, character of the institution/charity, and the amount.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Jon.
I see you are now offline. If you have any other questions, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb