Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Hey man, It is Trey. Dont have your email or other info.

Customer Question

Hey man, It is Trey. Dont have your email or other info. Still owe ya that dinner and drinks. Check this out. My brother, the know it all lawyer, drug mom into fidelity from carrollton the day after her red blood cell transfusion and the day before her
chemo treatment. Told her she had to roll the whole IRA over into this fund my brother wanted her in at the time. She asked to keep AAPL out. They said ALL OR NOTHING. She has since found it that is not the case. FIDELITY TOLD HER THAT. Anyway, it is being
moved to a local firm and I get to manage a chunk of my brothers and make the profit off of it for 5 -10 years at my discretion of time period. Rates and perfomrnce requirements are covered in exhibit A of her will. They also sent documents home unsigned.
Sloppy Sloppy. I told her not to sign anything else. I have a durable power of attorney that I am updating again. Came from rocket lawyer. Need advice on the following: the trust your cut at malpractice by the Fidelity broker Sometimes EGO is a bad thing.
This shit sucks but I do not know what else. to do. I am f**king pissed.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Are you talking about E & O (errors and omissions)? Yep if E&O is in place, then yes many times they'll pay a claim rather than fight it. ,,,, and yes iras have Benny VERY open-ended since PPA (2006). ... Does NOT have be all or nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not errors and ommssions
they misrepresented the whole transaction
sent documents for her to fill out and mail back
could been done in the office then
the brokerage account is locked down. They did not give me power of attorney on that just the new Mutual fund within a mutual fund inside of a mutual fundWE CALLED THOSE FEE GATORSremember my brother is the one that put that f**ked up clause in the will thingy
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
E & O is malpractice insurance for brokers, advisers, etc.Misrepresentation, however, is MORE that an E&O claim. If you can prove all the elements of embezzlement (called theft by conversion onnthe crime side, in GA) then they'll retreat quickly. .(1) a representation; (2) falsity of the representation; (3) materiality of the representation; (4) speaker’s knowledge of the falsity of the representation; (5) the speaker’s intent it should be relied upon; (6) the hearer’s ignorance of the falsity of the representation; (7) the hearer’s reliance on the representation; (8) the hearer’s right to rely on the representation; and (9) the hearer’s consequent and proximate injury caused by reliance on the representation..
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.
Did my answer help?
Let me know…
Thanks
Lane