Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

When can stockholder take per taxed funds out of a sub s

Customer Question

when can stockholder take per taxed funds out of a sub s
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
As you probably know, income earned by S corporations is untaxed at the corporate level, but often passes through to the shareholder or shareholders, where it is subject to taxes. The IRS does not allow S corporations to retain pretax income -- such as for investment -- but it does allow you to make legitimate purchases that become corporate expenses, reducing taxable income at the personal level. You can also reclassify income in ways that reduce the substantial taxes for Medicare and Social Security, or FICA, and for unemployment, or FUTA.
The following links contain information you may find helpful:
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/s-corporation-purchase-pretax-income-avoid-taxes-it-76208.html
http://www.financialsamurai.com/how-to-save-more-than-100000-a-year-pre-tax-open-a-sep-ira-or-solo-401k/
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
I see you are now offline. If you have any other questions or concerns, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you.
If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,
Barb