Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

I received a letter from the state of California franchise tax board stating that a Demand

Customer Question

i received a letter from the state of California franchise tax board stating that a Demand for payment court ordered debt collection that is due in full in 10 days. I cant afford to pay the amount requested
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. Thank you for choosing us to assist you. My name is ***** ***** my goal is to help make your life, a little... less taxing.
If you can't afford to pay the debt in full, you need to contact the FTB and let them know this and try to work out a payment plan. Pay as much as you can, and request a payment plan for the rest. You should reach out to them sooner, rather than later though. For more information regarding payment plans/installment agreements, you can refer to the following FTB webpage:
www.ftb.ca.gov/online/eia/index.asp#about
Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.