Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

Does 4506t transcript have all the same information as your

Customer Question

does 4506t transcript have all the same information as your tax return
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. Thank you for choosing us to assist you. My name is ***** ***** my goal is to help make your life, a little... less taxing.
Q: does 4506t transcript have all the same information as your tax return
A: For the most part, yes. A transcript is a listing of the line numbers and information entered on the tax return, and any forms filed. The IRS will not send copies of the original tax return or forms with this transcript request.
Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
I have a different answer..It's important to know that there are different versions of the the transcript that can be requested. (By checking certain boxes ON the 4506-T)Return TranscriptAccount TranscriptRecord of Account, which provides the most detailed information as it is a combination of the Return Transcript and the Account Transcript. Available for current year and 3 prior tax years.Also, you should know that the form 4506 (as oppposed to 4506-T) IS a request for the actual COPY of the tax return.
Hello again,
As indicated in your inquiry, I would think that you already know that you want to request the "tax return" transcript. I do not feel that it was necessary for the 2nd person to indirectly insult your intelligence by listing out the different types of transcripts there are. I am sure that you can read and would easily be able to figure out that you want the Return transcript instead of one of the other transcripts.