ShawnA
ShawnA, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Experience:  CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
15641319

Has mt n.y. state taxes been filed

Customer Question

has mt n.y. state taxes been filed
Category: Tax
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. Retired CPA
This site will allow you to keep your information confidential and determine if NY state has received your tax return:
http://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/refund.htm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shawn,
How do I confirm whether my NY State Taxes were filed properly? I went to Jackson Hewitt and they claim that they were. How do I confirm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long does it take to get a response?
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
By checking the link I gave above.
I Will offer you a call to discuss in greater detail (your liability, recourse etc.)
I am free now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the link you gave above is for refund information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not concerned with refund info. I want to kniw how i confirm if they were actually filed
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
If it was not a refund there are still ways to check. This is why I offered the call. Every situation is unique. a mere 5 and I can answer all your questions.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Tax professionals authorized to e-file federal tax returns can e-file New York State tax returns on your behalf. In fact, most tax professionals are required to e-file their clients' returns.
NY state send an electronic acknowledgment to your preparer confirming that your return was received and accepted.
Your preparer should have this for you and can either print it or email it to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you not able to explain to me? How do I use the site? Am i allowed to ask unlimited questions here? How much is the total charge for this chat service?
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
The chat is 5.00.
NY state issues an acknowledgment that they received and accepted your return.
A small percentage of e-filed returns have errors. If your return has an error, they will notify you and identify the error so you can fix it. You can resubmit the corrected return electronically.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so if I go to the site and put in my ss it will show the status of my filing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was curious about the charges for this chat we are having. is it a total of 39.00
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
You can accept the offer or we can chat here. I just thought it would be easier to speak. 5.00 is the minimum JustAnaswer lets us charge.
If there was a refund due you. Otherwise Jackson will have received an electronic notification that the return was accepted or rejected. Ask Jackson for it.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
If you owed how did you pay? credit card, bank account, etc.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
If you do not require further assistance PLEASE rate this answer so I can be freed to help another person.
If you have other questions please ask now or later and I'll be happy to respond. I’ll be notified (even if I leave).
Even after you rate my response we can continue to chat here at no extra cost to you.
As I strive for quality vs. quantity, I find I can only handle a limited number of questions at a single time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no extra charge to continue to talk this way right?
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
No there is not. It simply takes monger and there are some things that a conversation may reveal because of what you say. This is typically the case. Too often not enough facts are shared here because it takes a lot to think about what to type. In a call often information "comes out" that actually changes the answer. I am fine doing this by text. I have no issues but I can only respond based on what you wrote. If facts were left out it might change the answer.
When did you file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the info. We want to cancel any further service at this point. It is our understanding we have been charged a total of 39.00 and will not be charged further. Thank you
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. Do you still have questions?
the below questions have not been answered by you.
When did you file?
If you are done please rate this question.
Hopefully I get a great rating. Have a great weekend!!!
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Please rate my response s=in order that I can close this question out.
It will cost you nothing extra to do so and will help me greatly.
Thank you so very much in advance.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Please rate me with an OK (at least). It costs you nothing extra and that is how I get paid.