Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I filled out my taxes sent it in by mail an that was in March

Customer Question

I filled out my taxes sent it in by mail an that was in March 2015 an I have not received a refund yet? I went to where is my refund online says the same thing in process" What must I do, did I make a mistake, only file on one thing, I am a widow an I need that refund! Can you help me?
Thank you
Theda
E mail me ,THANKS!
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may of made a mistake, when I did them it came out I would get $1,470.00 refund , but, since I file taxes on my pension check they only took out $870.00 only in federal taxes! No one has contacted me about a thing! Where is my refund all it says is the same thing (IN PROGRESS)!
No thanks, ***** ***** rather type, not a phone person!
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 20 years of experience.
You may not have made any mistake at all. Fraud problems this tax season has caused delays but until you speak with the IRS do not automatically assume you have a bad problem.
The IRS phone and walk-in representatives can research the status of your refund if it's been 21 days or more since you filed electronically, more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return.
If you have an IRS office near you then going in may be easier for you.
If not you can call the(###) ###-####number and have them research the problem. The phone lines are going to be extremely busy so you may have a wait.
FREE EXTRA INFORMATION FOR YOU
Below is an url to the page with Virginia offices listed:
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-My-Local-Office-in-Virginia
I would rather type too, that phone offer is a site automatic offer.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know here in this thread if you need more information.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Wanted to touch base and see how things worked out for you.