How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne Your Own Question
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2355
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Anne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently have ammended my taxe or the year of 2014 i have

Customer Question

i currently have ammended my taxe or the year of 2014 i have recieved mail that I owe 1519.00 but yet the ammendment states that I will recieve a refund of 595.00 I filed on he 25 March 2015 I have yet to recieve any refund has there been a mix up because Ialong with my spouse filed together the tax returen for 2012 she is not responsible for I need to know what I am o do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.
I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Amendments always take more time since they have to be mailed in. In fact, they can take up to 16 weeks. Please see below Please see URL below:
Here is a FAQ site from IRS on amended returns:
These are fairly new additions to the IRS website. Just a few years ago you couldn't get much information on your amended return. We used to have to tell you that it could take up to 16 weeks, and then give you their phone # (which is(###) ###-####
So having even this information better is much more than we used to get.
I said "Having EVEN this much information" because that last I heard, you would only see the 1040X Amended return information when they were getting ready to mail out the refund.
I don't think they put them in there as "pending", but you're free to check everyday to see if they post something about it for you.
You mentioned something about 2012 tax return? (or was that just a typo?) That your spouse was not responsible??
I'm more than happy to help you with that issue, but I need more information for that part of your question.
If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll be notified.
If this has answered your question, please take the moment to rate positive so that I may be given credit for working with you today.
It is only through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge
Thank you for choosing justanswer

Related Tax Questions