Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I was trying to find out my employers tax I.D. number.

Customer Question

Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My employer is Worthy Arms apartments in Spring Lake, North Carolina 28390
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The only way to do this is to call the IRS Business and Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-####This Line is available Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.Provide information to identify the business such as the name, location and Social Security number of an authorized person who was listed when the government issued the tax ID number.The IRS rep. will then will provide the business tax ID number over the telephone. You can read more about that here:http://smallbusiness.chron.com/locate-business-tax-id-number-4167.html
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
How else can I help today?
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Ok I still don't see you ccoming into the chat here ... but other thought are thee following:If you have it, check your W-2 form, or check last years W-2. ...Call the company's human resources department, or the person in charge of accounting.Look through the company's annual report. ..
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
One final thought might be to look up your company on a business information website, such as Din and Bradstreet; this often entails registration and a fee, and may give you more than one EIN number.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
I hope this has helped...If this HAS helped, I would appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or smiley faces on your screen)… That’s the ONLY WAY I'm credited for the work here. … However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, be sure to come back here, so you won’t have to pay for an additional question.