ShawnA
ShawnA, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Experience:  CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
15641319

HAVE A TAX PAYER RESISENT IN CA, AND SPOUSE IS RESIDENT OF

Customer Question

HAVE A TAX PAYER RESISENT IN CA, AND SPOUSE IS RESIDENT OF AZ - BOTH EARN A SALARY - WHAT (I) IS FILING STATUS IN CA, (II) WHAT FORM TO USE, AND (III) ARE THERE ANY CREDITS ON CA RETURN FOR AZ TAZES PAID BY NON RESIDENT SPOUSE
Category: Tax
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. Retired CPA
they can file a joint return but it sounds like they need to file separate state returns.
No state credits for the CA taxpayer based on the AZ resident.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Wounded Warrior is going to receive all my earnings this month in honor of my Memorial Day and my dad being a disabled vet.
If you have further questions please ask. If this answers your question please submit at least an OK rating so I get paid and can donate the money.
Thanks.