Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

How do I find a list of payments made (amount and dates) on

Customer Question

How do I find a list of payments made (amount and dates) on my 2014 1040?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to our site!The IRS will not provide such information over the phone...However - to confirm that an extension was filed and accepted - you may use the tax account transcript.Tax Account Transcript - shows basic data including return type, marital status, adjusted gross income, taxable income, credits and payments. It also shows adjustments made by you or the IRS after you filed the return.Your estimated payments will be reflected on the transcript.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
When you order - be sure to choose the Tax Account Transcript and not Tax Return Transcript which shows line items from your tax return.That Tax Account Transcript will confirm if your estimated tax payment was received and credited to your tax account - and will confirm that refund issued by the IRS.You can get a transcript online or by mail - start from this pagehttp://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-TranscriptLet me know if you need any help.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
If you have difficulties to order online - you may send a form 4506T to the IRS by mail.
The mailing address is on the second page - depending on your state.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf
You may also fax form 4506T to the IRS -
Let me know if you need any help.